How do I apply for admission to Indian Hills?
- To apply for admission, complete our free online application. Many programs have additional admission requirements. You will receive additional information regarding what is required.
How do I apply for financial aid?
- The first step in order to receive financial aid is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA.) Complete and submit the FAFSA online. It is important to file the FAFSA as soon after October 1st as possible to ensure you receive priority processing. Our school code is 008298.
How much does it cost to attend Indian Hills?
- In-state tuition:$195per credit hour
- Out-of-state tuition:$255per credit hour
- Your total bill will be based on the number of credit hours for which you are enrolled. Some programs of study will require you to purchase a uniform, books, tools or other items, and it is important to budget for these costs as well.
- Yes, we have a total of five residence halls including apartment-style and traditional style dorms.
Do your credits transfer?
- Indian Hills has articulation agreements and transfer plans with many four- year colleges and universities. However, not all credits are guaranteed to transfer due to differences in programs and requirements among various institutions. An Academic Advisor will also assist you in your future academic plans.
- Estimated class size at Indian Hills is 17-25 students.
- Classes are scheduled during a 4-day academic week, within a 12-week term.
Does Indian Hills accept transfer credit?
- Indian Hills accepts credits from other regionally-accredited, post-secondary institutions and will apply these credits, when appropriate, toward requirements of the program in which the student is enrolled.
- Most degrees at Indian Hills can be completed in approximately 2 years depending on program and individual circumstances such as transfer credits and breaks.
What steps do I need to take for the Health Sciences admissions process?
- All Health Sciences programs are screened so we require the following:
- High school transcripts
- ACT/SAT (completed within the past 5 years) or Accuplacer exam (completed within the past 2 years)
- Official College Transcripts (if applicable)
- **Additional documents are required for Nursing and Dental Hygiene program. Click here to see each Health Sciences program admissions criteria.
Where do I send my transcripts?
- If you would like to transfer in credits from another institution or if you are required to submit prior college transcripts for admittance, please send your official college transcripts to:
Indian Hills Community College
ATTN: Office of the Registrar
525 Grandview Ave
Ottumwa, IA 52501
*If using an electronic transcript service please send to email@example.com
- Official High School transcripts (required for all health sciences programs) may be sent to:
Have you received my… (transcripts, test results, etc.)?
- The easiest way to see what documents have been received is to log into your account through the Apply Now link on the website. Otherwise you can contact either One Stop or the Admissions office.