The Bright Foundation will fund 5 awards at $5,000 each for the 2022-2023 school year. Recipients will be selected by Indian Hills Community College Foundation Office based on the following criteria:
- Each award will be awarded to current seniors attending an Iowa High School
- Recipients must demonstrate outstanding academic achievement (such as being in the top 10% of their high school graduating class or have an ACT score of 28 or higher or a high school cumulative GPA of 3.7 or higher)
- Qualify for full or partial Pell Grant or have an EFC of less than $10,000
- Maintain full-time enrollment
- Preference but not limited to students who are first-generation college students.
Applicants who meet these criteria will be asked to write an essay identifying their commitment to learning and community service and describing how they have succeeded in the face of adversity (no more than two typewritten pages). They will also be asked to submit a summary of their activities and organization, leadership roles, academic achievement and honors, community service and volunteerism, and potentials in chosen career and employment (no more than two typewritten pages).
Please submit entries to: IHCC Foundation, Bright Scholars
Attn: Becky Henderson
525 Grandview Ave
Ottumwa IA 52501
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Each scholarship can cover tuition, books and fees and room and board if applicable up to the $5,000 amount. The scholarship would be reduced by the amount of any other awards made to the recipient.
The award would be renewable for a second year, provided the student maintains a 2.5 cumulative GPA.